We encourage you, if interested, to arrange shared accommodation with other participants. The list of participants is here. You can get in touch with others directly, or feel free to email us if you're looking for a volunteer to fill a slot.
These tend to fill up. We recommend you book early if you want one of these!
Options via UBC Conferences and Accommodations (10-minute walk from conference venue):
- Hostel room (room in a student dorm): $49/night in single room, $98/night in room with two beds. Beds are twin, washrooms are shared. Guests are provided with bedding, towels, soap.
- Range of suites at Gage apartments and Ponderosa commons with kitchens:
- Double bed suites with double bed, private washroom, fully equipped kitchen (sleeps 1-2): $145-155/night.
- Queen suite with sofa bed in living room, private washroom, fully equipped kitchen (sleeps 2-4): $195/night.
- West Coast Suites with king bed in bedroom, queen sofa bed, washroom, fully equipped kitchen (sleeps 2-4): $257/night.
TRIMF House (20-minute walk from conference venue):
- Twin Room with two twin beds and private bathroom: $110/night.
- Queen rooms with queen bed and private bathroom: $110-115/night.
- Suites with sofa bed: $150/night.
Green College (5-minute walk from conference venue):
- Guest House rooms are more polished: $90-$126/night for single occupancy, $90-$152/night for double.
- Grad Rooms are in the Grad Residence and include a single, double or queen bed: $70-$142/night.
Vancouver's hotels on the whole are not very close to the conference venue at UBC, but transportation to and from some areas in town isn't too difficult by bus or taxi. You might try:
- Park Inn & Suites By Radisson — $180ish/night. About 30 minutes from campus, direct bus route.
- Sheraton Wall Centre — $150ish/night. Downtown. About 40 minutes by bus or 25 minutes by taxi.
- Sylvia Hotel — $100ish/night. Downtown. About 40 minutes by bus or 25 minutes by taxi.
- Hostelling International Vancouver Jericho Beach — $40ish for shared rooms, more for private rooms. About 30 minutes by bus, or an extremely beautiful 15 minute bike ride beside the ocean.
There are also lots of AirBnB options at a wide variety of locations and price points. Kitsilano is the name of one of the neighbourhoods that would be relatively convenient.